Hojjatollah Ranjbar received his B. Sc and M.Sc degrees in geology from Poona university, India, in 1988 and 1990 respectively. He obtained his Ph.D. in 1995, in geology (remote sensing and GIS) from Delhi University, India, under the supervision of Prof. G. S. Roonwal. He later joined the Mining Engineering Department of Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman in 1995 as an assistant professor. He is presently professor of remote sensing geology at the Mining Engineering Department of Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman. His research interests include remote sensing geology and GIS applications in mineral exploration.
University of Poona
Bachelor's Degree Geology , From 1985 To 1988
University of Poona
Master's Degree Geology , From 1988 To 1990
University of Delhi
Doctoral Degree Geology (Thesis: An integrated study of remote sensing, geophysical, and geochemical parameters in exploration for copper mineralization in the Pariz area, Kerman Province, Iran; with reference to GIS application) , From 1991 To 1995
1. , Roonwal, G. S., Shahriar, K., Ranjbar, H., 2008. Mineral resources and development". Published by the office of science and technology of the Non-aligned movement and other developing countries in New Delhi. Daya Publishing House, New Delhi, India.
1. , Ranjbar, H., 1997. Lithogeochemical patterns associated with the Darrehzar porphyry copper deposit, Pariz area , Iran . CIM Bulletin, 90: 85- 90.
2. , Ranjbar, H., Roonwal, G. S., Ravindran, K. V., Babar, S., 2000. Synergetic use of remote sensing and geophysical data in a GIS for exploration of porphyry copper deposits.Indian Journal of Remote Sensing.28:205-212.
3. , Ranjbar, H. Hassanzadeh, H., Torabi, Ilaghi, O., 2001. Integration and analysis of airborne geophysical data of the Darrehzar area, Kerman Province , Iran, using principal component analysis. Journal of applied geophysics, 48: 33-41.
4. , Ranjbar, H. , Roonwal, G. S., and Ravindran, K. V. 2001, Digital image processing for lithological and alteration mapping, using SPOT multispectral data. A case study of Pariz area, Kerman Province, Iran, Geosciences.
5. , Ranjbar, H., Shahhoseiny, M., and Tata, M. 2001. Geophysical, geochemical , and geological data analyses of Darrehzar area, using canonical correlation method., Journal Earth and Space physics, 27: 9-19
6. , Honarmand, M., Ranjbar, H., Moezifar, Z., 2004. Integration and analysis of Airborne geophysical and remote sensing data of Sar Cheshmeh area, using directed principal component analysis. Exploration and Mining Geology, 11: 43-48.
7. , Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M., 2007. Exploration for base metal mineralization in the southern part of the central Iranian volcanic belt, using ASTER and ETM data, Journal of Engineering Science, 3: 23-34.
8. , Qaid, Ali, Basavarajappa, H. T., Ranjbar, H., 2009. Application of Principal Component Analysis to ASTER and ETM+ Data for Mapping the Alteration Zones in North East of Hajjah, Yemen, Asian Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol.9 , No.1
9. , Kariminasab, S., Ranjbar, H., Akbar, S., 2010. Susceptability assessment of the terrain for slope faiure using remote sensing and GIS, a case study of Maskoon area, Iran. International Geoinformatics Research and Development Journal, 1: 40-52.
10. , Ranjbar, H. and Honarmand, M., 2004. Integration and analysis of airborne geophysical and ETM+ data for exploration of porphyry type deposits in the Central Iranian Volcanic Belt, using fuzzy classification, International Journal of Remote Sensing. 25.
11. , Ranjbar, H., Masoumi, F., & Carranza, E. J. M. (2011). Evaluation of geophysics and spaceborne multispectral data for alteration mapping in the Sar Cheshmeh mining area, Iran. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32(12), 3309-3327.
12. , Ranjbar, H., 2011. Remote sensing, applications to geophysics. Encyclopedia of Solid Earth Geophysics, DOI 10.1007/978-90-481-8702-7, Springer Science.
13. , Khaleghi, M., & Ranjbar, H. (2011). Alteration Mapping for Exploration of Porphyry Copper Mineralization in the Sarduiyeh Area, Kerman Province, Iran, Using ASTER SWIR Data. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 7(8).
14. , Elahi, A., Shahabpour, J., Ranjbar., H., Radfar, S., (2012). Determination of coal seams depth of erosion with respect to the remnants of a key bed in Kerman coal field, Iran, Journal of sciences, Islamic Republic of Iran, , 23: 337-346.
15. , Honarmand, M., Ranjbar, H., & Shahabpour, J. (2012). Application of Principal Component Analysis and Spectral Angle Mapper in the Mapping of Hydrothermal Alteration in the Jebal–Barez Area, Southeastern Iran. Resource Geology, 62(2), 119-139.
16. , Honarmand, M., Ranjbar, H., & Shahabpour, J. (2013). Combined use of ASTER and ALI data for hydrothermal alteration mapping in the northwestern part of the Kerman magmatic arc, Iran. International Journal of Remote Sensing,34(6), 2023-2046.
17. , Hadigheh, S. M. H, Ranjbar, H., (2013). Lithological Mapping in the Eastern Part of the Central Iranian Volcanic Belt Using Combined ASTER and IRS data, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 41:921–931.
18. , Mojedifar, S., Ranjbar, H., Nezamabadi-pour, H., (2013). Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System application for hydrothermal alteration mapping using ASTER data, Journal of Mining and Environment, 4: 83-96.
19. , Khaleghi, M., Ranjbar, H., Shahabpour, J., & Honarmand, M. (2014). Spectral angle mapping, spectral information divergence, and principal component analysis of the ASTER SWIR data for exploration of porphyry copper mineralization, Applied geomatics
20. , Shahriari, H., Ranjbar, H., & Honarmand, M. (2013). Image segmentation for hydrothermal alteration mapping using PCA and concentration–area fractal model. Natural resources research, 22(3), 191-206.
21. , Shahriari, H., Honarmand, M., & Ranjbar, H. (2015). Comparison of multi-temporal ASTER images for hydrothermal alteration mapping using a fractal-aided SAM method. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 36(5), 1271-1289.
22. , Shahriari, H., Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M., & Carranza, E. J. M. (2014). Selection of Less Biased Threshold Angles for SAM Classification Using the Real Value–Area Fractal Technique. Resource Geology, 64(4), 301-315.
23. , Mojeddifar, S., Kamali, Gh., Ranjbar, H., Salehipour Bavarsad, B., 2014. A Comparative Study between a Pseudo-Forward Equation (PFE) and Intelligence Methods for the Characterization of the North Sea Reservoir
Int. J. of mining.and geo-engin., 48: 102-117, 0
24. , Soltaninejad, A., Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M., & Dargahi, S. (2017). Evaporite mineral mapping and determining their source rocks using remote sensing data in Sirjan playa, Kerman, Iran. Carbonates and Evaporites, 1-20.
25. , Moghtaderi, A., Moore, F. and Ranjbar, H. (2017). Application of ASTER and Landsat 8 imagery data and mathematical evaluation method in detecting iron minerals contamination in the Chadormalu iron mine area, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, 16027, 1.
26. , Zandiyyeh, F., Shayestefar, M. R., Ranjbar, H., & Saadat, S. (2016). Prospectivity mapping of Iron oxide-Copper-Gold (IOCG) deposits using support vector machine method in Feyzaabad area (east of Iran). Journal of Himalayan Earth Science, 49(2).
1. , Ranjbar, H. 1994. Alteration detection and geological studies in the Sar Cheshmeh area, Iran, using SPOT XS images, Proceedings of ISRS Silver Jubilee meeting, Dehra Dun , India.
2. , Ranjbar, H. and Roonwal, G. S., 1997. Integrated mineral exploration for porphyry copper mineralization in Pariz area, Kerman: A case study of the Darrehzar porphyry copper deposit. Proceedings of the forth biennial SGA , Meeting, Turku, Finland
3. , Ranjbar, H. and Roonwal, G. S., 2001. Digital image processing for lithological and alteration mapping, using SPOT multispectral data. A case study of Pariz area,Kerman Province, Iran, 8th international symposium on remote sensing, Toulouse, France.
4. , Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M., and Moezifar, Z. and Roonwal, G. S. (2003). Application of Crosta technique for porphyry copper alteration mapping, using ETM+ data: A case study of Meiduk and Sar Cheshmeh areas, Kerman, Iran. Map India 2003.
5. , Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M. and Moezifar, Z., 2003. Analysis of ETM+ and airborne geophysical data for exploration of porphyry type deposits in the Central Iranian Volcanic bet using fuzzy classification, SPIE Conference, Barcelona, 8-12 Sep. 2003.
6. , Ranjbar, H., Shahriari, H., and Honarmand, M., 2003. Comparison of ASTER and ETM+ data for exploration of porphyry copper mineralization: A case study of Sar Cheshmeh area, Kerman, Iran. Map Asia 2003, 13-15 October, 2003, Kuala Lumpour.
7. , Ranjbar, H., Honarmand, M., Moezifar, Z., 2003. Integration and analysis of airborne geophysics, remote sensing and geochemical data of Sar Cheshmeh area, using directed principal component analysis, Map Asia 2003, 13-15 October, 2003, Kuala Lumpour.
8. , Ranjbar, H., Shahriari, H., Honarmand., M., 2004. Integration of ASTER and Airborne Geophysical Data for Exploration of Copper Mineralization. A case study of Sar Cheshmeh Area, ISPRS Symposium, Istanbul, Turkey. July, 2004.
9. , Kamali, Gh. R., Ranjbar., H., 2004. Applivcation of remote sensing and GIS for assessing the cause of groundwater table rise in the Shiraz City and the plain of Shiaraz, Iran. 2nd International Conference “GIS in Geology”, Moscow, 15-19 November, 2004.
10. , Shayestehfar, M., Ranjbar, H., Ahmadi, O. , 2005. Alteration mapping by using ETM+ and ASTER data in Dehaj area. Proceedings of SPIE, No. 5983, GIS application and geology, Belgium, September, 2005.
11. , Ranjbar, H., Ahmadi, O., Shayestehfar, M., 2005. Integration and analysis of geological, geophysical, and remote sensing data for exploration of Cu mineralization in Dehaj area, Iran. A GIS approach,
Proceedings of GIS and spatial analysis, Toronto, August 21-26, 2005. pp. 545-550., 0
Current semester courses
Advance remote sensing and GIS (Master's Degree)
Remote sening (Master's Degree)
Geographic Information System (Master's Degree)
Exploration of geothermal resources (Master's Degree)
Mineral potential mapping in the Kerman copper belt using GIS, 2012, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
Producing an exploratory model for porphyry copper deposits in the central region of Kerman Cenozoic magmatic arc, 2014, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
Mohammad Reza Mohammadhashemi
The Use of geological, Airborne Gravity, Airborne Magnetic and satellite Data in Oil Exploration by Using GIS, 2007, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
The Use of Multivariate Methods for Exploratory Modeling in Sar Cheshmeh and Kuh Panj areas, 2009, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
Integration of Geochemical , geophysical and Remote Sensing Data for Uranium indices by Using GIS in Chadormaloo Area, 2009
Jamal, Fereidooni sarvestani
Site Selection for Construction of Underground Oil Storage by Using GIS, 2010
Study of Porphyry and Vein Type Copper Mineralization in the Southern Half of The Sarduiyeh 1: 100000 Geological Map Using ASTER and ETM data, Supervisors, 2010
Mapping of Hydrothermal Minerals on Sarcheshmeh Area, Kerman Province, Using Multispectral and Hyperspectral Data, 2010
Potential Mapping of porphyry Copper by Using the Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System and Support Vector Machine in the Western Part of Kerman, 2010
Integration of Remote Sensing, Geochemical and Geophysical Data using Fuzzy Logic and artificial Neural Network for Recognition of the Areas with Mineral potential in Chahar Gonbad Area, 2011
The Study of the Potential Use of satellite Imagery for the Exploration of Placer Deposits, Supervisors, 2012
Seyed reza Alenabi
Site Selection for Nuclear Waste Disposal in Kerman Province, Using GIS, September, Supervisor, 2012
Mahmoud Shamsaddini Nejad
Deralo Tailing Dam Site Selection Using GIS, 2012
Site Selection of New Ore Dressing and Mineral Processing Plant for Chah Firoozeh Deposit, 2013
Vulnerability Assessment of Dehgolan Gas Network Using Geographic Information System, 2013
Spectral Analysis of Satellite Images of Baft Area for Investigating the Mineralized and Hydrothermally Altered Zones, 2014
An Investigation of Subsurface Characterestics of Heap Leaching at Sar Cheshmeh Copper Mine, Using Geophysical Methods, 2014
Integration and analysis of geological, geophysical and remote sensing data for detection of hydrothermal alteration haloes of Kuh-Panj area by fuzzy and neural network methods, 2007
Comprison of ASTER, ETM+ and SPOT data for exploration of porphyry type copper deposits; a case study of Sar Cheshmeh and Meiduk areas, Kerman Province, 2004
Analysis of remote sensing and airborne magnetometric data in Baghat and Khabr area, 2011
Analysis of remote sensing, geological and geophysical data for exploration of copper mineralization in Shah-e-Babak area with special reference to GIS application, 2003
Exploratory modeling of porphyry copper deposits by integration of remote sensing, geophysical, geochemical and geological data, using GIS; a case study of Sar Chaeshmeh area, 2003
An integration of capabilities of ETM and ASTER data for mapping alteration areas associated with porphyry type mineralization in the northern part of Sarduiyeh geologiucal sheet, 2008